Holiday Party Tips
Updated: Dec 6, 2021
Don’t let holiday partying undermine your exercise and eating habits!!
This is the time of the year when there are countless ways to get sidetracked from exercise and nutrition routines. With all the parties, the hustle and the bustle associated with the holidays, it can become very easy to miss workouts and not pay attention to what – or how much – you are eating. Because of this, gaining extra weight (average is about 5lbs of unwanted fat) is not uncommon and can pose a bigger problem if you already have extra weight that you need to loose!
Fortunately though, this doesn’t have to be the case if you follow some of these simple tips to help get you through the Holidays. Having a “game plan” or strategy can make all the difference!
1) NEVER go to a party hungry – One of the most important things! You are only setting yourself up to give into temptation. When you are hungry no amount of will-power will curb your appetite – especially with all that good stuff lying around. If you stick to eating every three to four hours and/or right before you go out for the evening, you have a better chance at controlling how much you eat. Don’t deny yourself those special treats but remember everything in moderation!
2) Watch your calories the week leading up to a party – Another tip you can try is to and leave some wiggle room for your party. Try to reduce your calorie intake by 100 – 200 per day for the week leading up to your party. In conjunction with limiting your intake you can also burn some of those calories by adding a few more minutes of cardio each day.
3) Avoid “Bad Carbohydrates” – Save yourself some calories and substitute them with vegetables and/or nuts. Also watch out for the high sodium and fat contents in spreads and desserts. Instead of having a whole piece of dessert go for half. It will satisfy your sweet tooth as well as spare a few extra calories. Think portion control. Again don’t deny yourself but keep everything in moderation.
4) Alcohol contains a lot of calories – Keep that in mind. It’s not just the food consumption that you need to be aware of. Try to alternate between drinking water and alcohol. This will not only reduce the amount of drinks you consume, but will help you feel a little more full. By drinking water it will help to flush the alcohol out of you system more quickly so that your liver can do its job of metabolizing fat. This can make you feel better the next day as well.
5) Workout prior to your party – if time permits. Exercising will not only make you feel better, but it will also raise your metabolism and help you burn more of the unwanted calories. Another benefit is that the body can also use “BAD” carbs more efficiently due to the bout of exercise that lowers your blood sugar. Just remember to eat after your workout so you are not ravenous later that day!! This is especially important if you are going out shortly after.
We hope you find these tips helpful in maintaining your weight during the holiday season. . However, if you find yourself struggling to get back on track, let us help you. To learn more about our programs please contact us HERE or join our New Concierge Membership (see details below)
New Concierge Membership
· Unlimited Personal Training
· Individualized Training Programs
· New Individualized Program Every 6 Weeks
· 28 Day Meal and Recipe Plan
· Motivate Fitness Reset Nutrition Program (Optional/Additional Membership Fee)
1. 7-Day Leptin Reset Cleanse Plan
2. Leptin Reset Nutritional Plan
3. Post Leptin Reset Nutritional Plan
4. Weekly Accountability Meetings
The benefits of a personalized nutrition and fitness program speak for themselves.
From all of us at Motivate Fitness, we’d like to wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy holiday season and